Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleep Walking

I didn't experience Monday morning. My sun burn got so bad sunday evening that when I crawled onto the synthetic sheets on my bed my skin would stick to them. All night I tossed and turned, each movement becoming progressively more painful and making sleep further away. I finally fell asleep sometime after it got light outside and when my alarm sounded I promptly turned it off. I woke up again at 11 or so and grudgingly got out of bed and went for lunch at the peace house. 

My amazing sunburn. The pic doesn't do it justice cause of the flash...

I was a zombie at Ky Quang and didn't do much at all. I brought my camera and let the kids play with it, they are the ones that took all the pictures below. I had made plans to go for a run in the evening but was too tired and instead went to the pool with Katrine, Emma, and Mikaela. The cold water felt really good on my skin, and on the way home I stopped at Big C and bought a bunch of after sun lotion. I went to bed later than I would have liked but still pretty early for me.

Pics: 1. Two of the local volunteers and I at Ky Quang. 2. Me feeding one of the kids. 3. Kate playing with some toys she brought the kids. 4. The most capable kid at Ky Quang and I. He is really really smart, I mentioned him before. He figured out the zoom and flash on my camera on his own 3.






1 comment: